Travelling to Malaysia is easier than you think! With the current situation, there are definitely some procedures in place, but they are a lot more accessible and straightforward than one may think.
For any inbound travelers, here is a checklist of the things you require (source: https://mysafetravel.gov.my/)
- Download the MySejahtera app and create an account
- Fill-up the digital pre-departure form via the ‘Traveller’ icon on MySejahtera
- Verify your digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate here.
- Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test within 2 days of departure
- Purchase COVID-19 travel insurance (for short-term foreign visitors)
- Professional rapid antigen test (RTK-Ag) within 24 hours of arrival
- 5 days quarantine for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers. Book your quarantine facilities here.
As you can see, the procedures are really easy and will not take much of your time. The one thing that may seem intimidating is the professional rapid antigen test (RTK-Ag) which must be taken 24 hours upon arrival. Most people are of the assumption that the RTK tests are to be done only in airports, and the first thought that comes to mind is the long queue. What if I tell you that you can skip that long queue and have the test elsewhere at your own comfort? All is made easy with eMedAsia which serves as a one-stop platform for health, Covid & Travel.
With eMedAsia, all you need is a few clicks online to pre-book your On-Arrival RTK and you can skip the dreadful Airport Queue to get on-site testing in your accommodation or the nearest clinic.
Here are some of the main benefits of eMedAsia for your travelling needs:
- Skip the long queue and avoid crowds in airport testing, minimizing exposure to COVID-19
- Arrange RTK or PCR Swabbing on site at your accommodation (hotel) or nearest
- Over 2,000 registered members nationwide
- Affordable services
- Direct updates on MySejahtera by the medical doctors/clinics (manual updates not
- Reliable, registered medical doctors recognised and approved by MoH & KOOP MMA
To book your RTK test, all you need to do is head on to http://travellers.emedasia.com/ .
Once you are in, you will be able to select your choice of test, which are all in compliance with the travelling SOP. There are 4 options, and you can select the one that suits your budget and convenience.
After selecting your choice of test, there will be a set of easy to follow steps to complete your booking. For anyone who requires further help, the website also provides a user guide and you can find a chat box at the bottom right corner of the screen for any further inquiries.
Aside from covid tests, eMedAsia also offers blood & diagnostics tests and Covid Insurance (available by end of April).
Now that you know it is so easy to travel to Malaysia, come give us a visit and enjoy your stay! Most importantly, stay safe!
eMedAsia is owned by HS Bio in partnership with Koperasi Persatuan Perubatan
Malaysia (KOOP MMA), an investment vehicle for members of the Malaysian Medical
Associations (MMA). MMA is the main representative body for registered medical
practitioners in Malaysia.
eMedAsia has about 2,500 MOH recognised general practitioners (GPs) nationwide on board
their platform, emedasia.com.