My daughter and son take turns waking up at night for milk. I have to comfort them and get them back to sleep every time. I am now sleeping less than I did in the past, yet I have to maintain my work performance quality in the day. A good night’s sleep is incredibly important, in fact, it is just as important as eating healthy and exercising.
Here are 5 reasons why good sleep is important:
1. Poor sleep is linked to higher body weight. In fact, short sleep duration is on the strongest risk factors for obesity. If you are trying to lose weight, getting quality sleep is absolutely crucial.
2. Good sleep can improve concentration and productivity. This includes cognition, focus and performance. Good sleep has been shown to improve problem-solving skills and enhance memory performance of both children and adults.
3. Sleep improves your immune function. Those who slept than 7 hours were almost 3 times more likely to develop a cold than those who slept 8 hours or more.
4. Sleep affects emotions and social interactions. Sleep loss reduced your ability to interact socially. Research shows sleep deprivation may reduce your social skills and ability to recognize people’s emotional expressions.
5. Sleep affects glucose metabolism and type 2 diabetes risk. Poor sleep habits are strongly linked to adverse effects on blood sugar in the general population. Sleep deprivation can cause prediabetes in healthy adults in as little as 6 days.
You simply cannot achieve optimal health without taking care of your sleep. Along with nutrition and exercise, Nosda mattress is one of the pillars of health. With a belief that quality sleep should not have to be expensive, Aden and Corvina partnered with global partners who specialise in mattress innovation to design the beloved Nosda mattress. With superior materials that assist in temperature regulation for a cooler sleep, spinal alignment, full body support, pressure point relief, and easy maintenance, it’s difficult not to love it! Each Nosda mattress comes with a 100-Night Sleep Trial, here’s my full 100 nights review.
What I love about Nosda:
1. The mattress height (25cm) – it’s easy to prioritise comfort and design and ignore something as mundane as the height. According to Feng Shui expert Sally Painter, the height of your bed can determine the quality of your sleep, and therefore your mood, by the levels of ‘chi’ permitted. Chi is an ancient Chinese term which can be translated as energy. She suggests the chi needs to be able to flow around your bed. Too short a bed height can block this flow of energy, preventing you from a good night’s sleep. Whereas a tall bed frame can leave you vulnerable to high levels of energy and a restless night.
2. Two layers of perforated breathable foam that keep me comfortable cool – I am actually a restless sleeper and overthinker, but now I find myself going to sleep right away.
3. Five zones of support for proper spinal alignment – not only am I sleeping better, but also my children are sleeping better. Spinal support can ensure deep sleep and cozy nights always.
4. Minimal Partner Disturbance – Nosda knows how much you hate being disturbed by your sleeping partner’s tossing and turning. There are layers specifically put together to make a mattress with zero-motion transfer. Your children will no longer be disturbed in sleep when you co-sleeping with them.
A sound night’s sleep is dependent on your choice of mattress, I recommend Nosda Original that has plush comfort for the cosiest sleep. What’s more, when Nosda mattress offers free shipping, 100-night risk-free trial, 10-year limited warranty and free pickup returns. On top of these, you can also do 3 monthly instalments with no interest or fees.
Watch my unboxing video here :